Steps on how to create new command in AutoCAD
As a sample (let’s make it as simple as possible), say you want to create a new command that “Create 2 Vertical viewports” (See my other post “AutoCAD Macros” for other sample command macro).
- 1. Open CUI by accessing menu tools > customize > interface (or by typing “CUI” on commandline). You will find a menu with 3 areas (see fugure below).
- 2. Click on “Create a new command” button.
- 3. Provide the name of command and the macro.
- 4. Above the properties, select/create/edit a command icon of your choice.
- 5. Drag the newly created command to any tootlbar of your choice. You can also drag it outside the CUI menu to any existing tool bar on your workspace.
- 6. Click “Apply” and “OK” to close CUI menu.
You’re done here. Try the new command by clicking the icon you created.
Tested on AutoCAD 2011 classic workspace enabled, it should work on all other version of AutoCAD specially on newer versions.